Why pampering is important for us
We live a life constantly demanding, busy and often stressful. Finding a routine that allows you to take some ‘me time’ not only enhance your wellbeing but also those around you.
Studies show that self care can help prevent, delay, or reduce most health problems, so why not stay healthy and happy whilst you pamper yourself? These are some of the things that a regular dose of pampering can help with.
- Your mental wellbeing – Being a hamster on a spinning wheel can be tiring and detrimental to your mental health. Neglecting some time out can result in becoming over whelmed and unable to cope eventually leading to problems with anxiety or depression. A massage can help you relax and reset yourself.
- Your physical wellbeing – Neglecting to look after your physical self can lead to many bad choices, from eating healthily to not exercising. These can manifest into more serious issues that could lead to serious medical conditions. Having a light stretch and breathing exercise can help calm the mind. Relaxing triggers hormones, like serotonin and oxytocin in the brain which can regulate better moods and aid natural pain healing.
- Your emotional wellbeing – Taking time out to care for yourself reminds others that your needs are important. A 30 minute bubble bath or having your hair done not only makes you feel better about yourself but it conveys a message to others that you are important and you value your wellbeing.
What pampering can do for you
Some of the benefits of pampering may just seem like undeserved luxury, but the benefits can come in many ways.
- Reduce anxiety and stress
Stress can build and compound upon itself. Small triggers may result in things crashing quickly around you. Anxiety and depression are common ailments experience by many people today and stem from not checking these problems. Pampering yourself occasionally may help give you pause and an ability to re-evaluate and re-set yourself.
- Boosting immunity
Managing your stress levels help your body function better. A gentle massage enables your lymphatic system to drain toxins and bacteria from your body. As a result, your immune system has a greater chance to fight off cold and flu bugs. Our Revive hemp cbd bath bomb contains oils like clove and cinnamon that stimulate blood flow and boost your immune system.
- Better sleep
Getting a restful night’s sleep is one of the biggest cures to a healthier life. Insomnia results in the body inability to function optimally. This manifests into physical and mental deterioration. Taking a bubble bath can be hugely beneficial. Natural bath bombs not only work wonders on your skin but the aromas released add elevate your senses and aid tranquillity.
Oils like lavender have been proved to increase serotonin and aid relaxing. We’d recommend our Calming cbd bath bomb which has lavender oils and infused cbd for getting that great night’s sleep.
- Dealing with chronic pain
Admittedly this isn’t quite about pampering but there are other ways to deal with chronic pain other than popping pills. A sports massage or Swedish massage can target areas of stress or strain.
A natural way would be taking CBD oil. CBD is a natural anti-inflammatory and is known to target pain. Try our bodyulove 1000mg CBD oil which are highly efficacious and made with natural ingredients.
When it comes to pampering yourself, there are many reasons to do it. They involve you taking charge of yourself and allowing some down time. Self- care is all about doing whatever it takes to reduce your stress and pampering yourself is a must on a regular basis. Lets admit it, who doesn’t enjoy being pampered?
See Paindoctor on the importance of why you need to pamper yourself